Isenberg & Hewitt, PC Since 1989
en espaƱol
To talk with a lawyer call
(770) 901-2666

Paying medical bills after an accident

Recovering from injuries received in a car accident takes time. It also costs money. Figuring out the best way to pay medical bills can be complicated, especially when another party is responsible for your injuries.

In Georgia, the insurance company of the person who caused your injury is responsible for paying your medical bills, lost wages and other damages. However, the insurance company won't pay bills as you incur them. Instead it will pay a lump sum after your case is resolved by settlement or jury verdict. In the meantime, you will need to find another way to pay your medical bills.

Your options may include:

  • Med pay. You may have medical payments coverage or med pay as a part of your auto insurance coverage.
  • Private or group health insurance. You may have health insurance through your employer or a private policy.
  • Medicare or Medicaid. You may be eligible for Medicare or Medicaid.
  • Lien. If you don't have insurance, a doctor may agree to provide your care in exchange for a lien on your recovery from a personal injury suit.

You may be expected to repay your medical insurance provider after you receive your recovery from the insurance company of the at-fault driver. An experienced attorney can negotiate on your behalf so you can keep as much of your recovery as possible. The best way to protect your right to full compensation after an accident is to seek prompt legal advice from a lawyer who handles personal injury cases.

The law firm of Isenberg & Hewitt, PC in Atlanta offers a free initial consultation to answer your questions about paying medical bills after an auto accident.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
  • The National Trial Lawyers | Top 100 Trial Lawyers
  • Million Dollar Advocates Forum
  • AV | Martindale Hubbell | Peer Review Rated
  • GTLA | Georgia Trial Lawyers Association | Proctecting the rights to trial by jury
  • IACC | International Association of Commercial Collectors Inc.
  • Atlanta Apartment Association
  • NOVA | National Organization for Victim Assistance
  • CVAC | Crime Victims Advocacy Council
  • CLLA | Commercial Law League of America
  • The National Center for Victims of Crime
  • The National Crime Victim Bar Association
Email Us For A Response

Contact the Attorneys at Isenberg & Hewitt, PC

We welcome your questions and look forward to helping you achieve your objectives. Call 770-901-2666 complete our contact form to discuss your legal issue with a lawyer at our firm.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Make your next step the right one. Call 770-901-2666 today


Isenberg & Hewitt, PC
6600 Peachtree Dunwoody Road, 600 Embassy Row, Suite 150
Atlanta, GA 30328

Phone: 770-901-2666
Fax: 770-828-0100
Map & Directions

Review Us