Standing Up For Victims Of Crimes
As a crime victim, you deserve the opportunity to put your life and the lives of your family back together and move forward. Unfortunately, many people are victimized a second time by an insurance company that goes out of its way to avoid paying a legitimate claim for damages suffered in an attack.
At Isenberg & Hewitt, PC, in Atlanta, we have been representing crime victims and their families for more than 25 years. Attorney Mel Hewitt spent almost 18 years in the private security sector, ultimately as president of one of the largest, publicly traded private security companies in the world. Mr. Hewitt is a Vietnam era veteran and following his service in the United States Navy, he spent six years in public law enforcement. Mr. Hewitt has appeared on television and radio programs addressing issues of negligent security and civil justice for crime victims and serves on several 501(c)(3) boards of directors for organizations dedicated to serving crime victims and their families and working to preserve and increase victims’ rights. Mr. Hewitt has an AV Preeminent* rating, the highest possible attorney rating, received a “10 out of 10” ranking in Avvo and has been named, year after year, in the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers.
At Isenberg & Hewitt, PC, we have the experience to get you the results you deserve.
Proven Representation For Crime Victims And Their Families
We are strong advocates for the rights of crime victims in Georgia and nationally. We represent victims of all types of crimes and misconduct, including:
- Sexual assault: Rapes and other sexual assaults are often foreseeable and, in many cases, preventable by property owners.
- Assault and battery: Robbery, shootings and stabbings often happen because of negligent security.
- Assaults in apartments: Apartment owners have a responsibility to provide a reasonably safe environment for renters.
- Assaults in hotels: Breaches of security can lead to rapes and other crimes in hotels.
- Assaults in parking lots: A dark parking lot can be an invitation for criminals.
- Bar assaults: Overserving an intoxicated patron can lead to assaults in bars.
- Police misconduct: There is no room in law enforcement for bad cops who use excessive force.
In addition to providing victims of these and other crimes with the aggressive representation they deserve, we use our understanding of the criminal justice system to help those victims find additional resources to help them cope with their physical and emotional injuries. This includes helping our clients seek access to the Georgia Crime Victims Compensation Program (GCVCP), which offers monetary benefits to crime victims.
Contact Us For A Free Initial Consultation
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories — legal ability and general ethical standards.