Distinguished Georgia Trial Attorneys
Mark B. Bullman
Mark Bullman has been a practicing trial attorney since 1993 in state and federal courts and is a member of the bars of the United States District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia and the District of Colorado, the 10th and 11th Circuit Courts of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court. He is licensed to practice law in Georgia and Colorado.
Mark handles cases involving contract review, litigation avoidance and business disputes, business torts and fraud, commercial landlord-tenant matters and other areas of civil litigation. He has represented small to mid-sized companies, including private holding companies for commercial properties and manufacturing companies. He represented one of the largest real estate boards in the Southeast in administrative hearings and successfully argued a case of first impression regarding ERISA law and testamentary bequests in the Georgia Supreme Court. Mark has also been employed as an expert in various litigation matters.
As a business owner for decades, Mark understands the importance of clients focusing on running a business and not managing litigation. While never shying from the courtroom, Mark is a trained mediator and has always made it a priority to work with parties and counsel to try to find an amicable resolution to claims and cases prior to time consuming and expensive litigation that can stifle business productivity.
While continuing to handle business litigation, Mark expanded his practice to litigate cases in the area of victims' rights and civil rights litigation, particularly in the area of police officer liability where he has become recognized as a leader in the courtroom, the classroom and as a consultant for departments and media organizations. He has handled cases in state and federal trial and appellate courts, and is reported in numerous cases cited as authority in various areas of law.
Mark attended the University of Georgia, where he received his undergraduate degree and his juris doctorate. He graduated Phi Beta Kappa, magna cum laude and with departmental honors. He is a former P.O.S.T. certified police officer and deputy sheriff.
Mark has taught classes to other attorneys, judges and other legal staff on the topics of law enforcement liability, municipal liability and civil rights law and has recently been asked to write a chapter in a treatise on civil rights litigation. He has been a lecturer on various topics in the legal field and has been featured in both local and national print and television news stories regarding various cases. Mark was an adjunct professor, teaching civil litigation in a paralegal studies program for several years and worked for United States Senator Sam Nunn in Washington, D.C., assisting with various legislative matters and helping review and investigate nominees to the United States Supreme Court. Earlier in his career, he was also on a legislative committee drafting and supporting legislation.
Mark has been a founder, officer, board member and/or volunteer for various charitable organizations, including BARKs (a charity for retired police canine officers), SOC-F (Special Operations Care Fund which helps members of the Special Operations Forces community and their families) and the Crime Victims Advocacy Council (CVAC) where he lobbied for the passage of crime victim legislation and established a scholarship program for the families of crime victims. He was honored by a Georgia State Senate resolution for his work for crime victims.
Mark is an avid outdoorsman and enjoys fly-fishing, hiking, horseback riding, sky-diving, SCUBA diving, shooting and other outdoor activities.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- J.D. - 05/1993
- Honors: Closing Argument Competition Judge
- Honors: Mock Trial Board Advisor
- Honors: Athens-Clarke County Solicitor's Office, Prosecutorial Clinic
- University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- Bachelor of Arts - 08/1988
- Honors: Political Science Departmental Honors
- Honors: Graduated With High Honors
- Honors: Legislative Intern for United States Senator Sam Nunn - Washington, D.C.
- Honors: President, Pi Sigma Alpha - National Political Science Honor Society
- Honors: University Homecoming Committee
- Honors: Associate Founder, Student Government Association
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Political Science
- Instructor, Kennesaw State University
- Speaker, Continuing Legal Education Seminars
- Speaker, Crime Victim and Criminal Justice Programs
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia, Member
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Cobb County Bar Association, Member
- Georgia P.O.S.T., Certified Law Enforcement Officer