After an attack or an assault at a hotel, you may feel hurt, overwhelmed and confused about where to turn. You are the innocent victim of the harmful actions of another person, and you have the right to seek compensation for what you have suffered.
Insurance companies and property owners are not interested in your recovery or your welfare, and they will deny that they are liable for your assault. With the help of an experienced and aggressive personal injury attorney, you can stand up for your rights and secure the recompense you deserve for medical bills, emotional duress and lost wages.
Who is liable for your injuries and trauma?
Property owners could be liable for the pain and suffering endured by individuals who were harmed on their premises. The hotel owner must protect guests from unnecessary hazards, which includes minimizing the danger of an attack on property. You may have a valid case against the hotel owner if any of the following apply to your case:
- A hotel employee provided private information to a potential predator.
- The hotel did not warn you about the crime rate in the area.
- The property lacked adequate security measures, such as security cameras.
- Management allowed non-guests to be in the lobby or guest areas.
- The parking lot did not have adequate lighting.
- Your room did not have locks on the doors or windows.
- Management did not keep keycard information safe.
- A lack of security directly contributed to your attack.
A premises liability claim can be difficult to validate, and it is critical to work with a lawyer who will aggressively advocate for your rights. You deserve to recover and move on with your life, and when you secure experienced legal assistance, you will ensure that liable parties are accountable for what happened to you.
Helping you move forward after an attack
An attack or an assault can change your life. You may feel the emotional and physical effects for years to come, but you do not have to face the aftermath alone. Your legal ally can help you get justice and financial compensation by ensuring the liable hotel owner or manager takes responsibility for what you endured while on hotel property.